Blount Hospitality House
"a home away from home for out-of-town family members of Huntsville area hospital patients"
A Place Where Families Come to Heal
Unfortunately, most people arrive at Blount House desperate and worried in an unfamiliar city. While many of our patients and families are experiencing some sort of trauma or a baby in the NICU, surgery and treatment for cancer and other serious illnesses, others have come to Huntsville unexpectedly due to traumatic accidents or an abruptly diagnosed emergency. These guests may arrive without the necessities of modern life, identification, checks, credit or debit cards and often without even the most basic or appropriate clothing for weather conditions. They are exhausted and confused, facing days or months of medical treatment or long periods of sitting at a loved one’s bedside.
It is for all these people that Blount House exists. Our house is a nurturing environment with a stocked pantry and many of the comforts of home. We provide guests with the most basic necessities – a bed and bath - as well as peace of mind, comfort and security. In our homes, new friends experiencing similar situations are brought together, creating a sense of hope and community. Blount House truly is a place where families come to heal.
Guest rooms are available at a cost of $35 for each first night and $25 per night after that. Patients staying at Blount House are required to have a Caregiver present at all times. Each family must be referred by their hospital social worker or their patients nurse. For more information call us at 256-534-7014.
Blount House Pricing
Blount House is here to ease your financial burden throughout your difficult time. Whether staying with us for one night, or for several weeks, we provide all of our guests with affordable rooms. For more information, speak with your hospital social worker or care manager.
Nightly Rates for Medical Patients & Caregivers*:
$35 for each first night
$25 each additional night
*Rates are subject to change.
For more information and to check availability, call 256-534-7014
The Blount Hospitality House is located two blocks north of Huntsville Hospital at 610 Madison Street. Those who wish to stay at the House must live more than 40 outside Huntsville and must be referred by a hospital social worker or nurse. Guests are welcome to stay up to 21 days in one of our 10 rooms. Hospitality House can accommodate up to 30 people each night.
At this time, there is no additional financial assistance offered.
Guest services include:
• A fully equipped kitchen, where guests may bring in their own groceries or prepare meals and snacks from available food supplies.
• A fully equipped laundry room, available at no cost.
• A comfortable "family room" for watching television and visiting with other house guests.
• Friendly and caring household staff available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer questions and offer support.
The purpose of Hospitality House is to provide a safe, secure, affordable, temporary home-away-from-home for individuals and familes in need. Please let us know how we are doing by completing our Guest Satisfaction Survey. Click here to download and print. Thank you!
"We don't know what we would have done without Blount Hospitality House during Dad's illness."
·Frequently Asked Questions
- Blount House provides patients and their families with the comfort in knowing that everyday concerns are taken care of so they can focus on what really matters.
We welcome guests at our Huntsville location at
610 Madison Street
Huntsville, AL 35801
- Who is eligible to stay at Blount House?
- Patients who are seeking medical treatment at Huntsville area hospitals, as well as their family members and caregivers, are welcome to stay at Blount House. In addition, Blount House also welcomes medical professionals and health-related students. Please contact our housing office for rate information and reservations at 256-534-7014.
- Do I need a caregiver?
- Yes, all patients staying at Blount House must have a caregiver who is a person 18 years or older. This person is solely responsible for the patient with whom they are staying. They must stay the entire length of the patient’s visit. They must be emotionally and physically able to care for the patient and themselves and be able to assist in possible decision making. Multiple caregivers are permitted as long as there is not a lapse in patient support.
- How long can we stay at Blount House?
- Providing your visit is medically related and the Huntsville-based physician in charge of your care requires that you stay, you are welcome to remain at Blount House, for up to 21 days, at which time our staff will review your stay and could possibly extend it. Blount House will make every effort to accommodate extentions; however, this on a day-by-day basis.
- What should we bring?
- Bring any personal items that you will need and be prepared to plan for your meals. A fully equipped community kitchen is available for your meal preparations. Blount House will provide all bed and bath linens.
- Is Blount House close to the hospitals?
- Yes! Blount House locations are conveniently located near Crestwood Hospital, Huntsville Hospital, Clearview Cancer Institute, & the Surgery Center.
- Is there transportation to and from the hospitals?
- Courtesy shuttles operate regularly between Blount House and Huntsville Hospital, only. This service is provided by Huntsville Hospital.
- What is your smoking policy?
- The entire Blount House property is a smoke-free facilitiy.
- Can I bring my pet?
- Except for certified service dogs, Blount House does not allow pets in our house. If you will be accompanied by a certified service dog, please notify our housing office when you are making your room request.
- Where do we park?
- Blount House has a limited amount of parking. Each guest will be allowed only one car. If your patient is at Huntsville Hospital, we suggest you park in the parking garage and bring the security shuttle to Blount House.
- Are laundry facilities available?
- Yes laundry rooms are available from 7:00 until 10:00 at night.
- Is there a safe at the facility?
- Blount House does not have a safe for guests. Any valuables brought to Blount House must stay with you at all times. Blount House is not responsible for any valuables left on our premises.
- Will we have computer access?
- Blount House guests have access to a computer in our living space. Wireless internet access is also available.
- What are your daily guest fees?
- $35 for each first night and $25 for each additional night
- * Note that rates are subject to change.
- What time is check-in and check-out?
- Guests must check in between 9:30 AM and 4:30 PM on their day of arrival. Check-out time is 11:00 AM.
- Does Blount House provide medical services?
- Blount House does not provide medical assistance or home care services. Every patient must be accompanied by a caregiver, during their entire stay, to be eligible to stay at Blount House. The caregiver must be a person age 18 or over.
- How do we pay for our stay?
- Blount House accepts Cash, Check, Mastercard, AMEX, Visa and Discover Card
610 Madison Street
Huntsville, AL 35801